You may submit your resume with a covering letter to email@example.com. We will get back to you shortly.
Brief Job Description:
• To commission need areas of respective Business and Economics, Engineering and Computer Science list.
• To ensure the smooth process from signing to publishing of the book.
Work Experience & Skills/Domain Knowledge required:
• Minimum experience of 2-5 years in publishing in a similar profile
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Willing to travel
Principal/ Key Responsibilities:
• Working with the Product Head in developing and expanding the publishing programme
• Identifying gap areas and commissioning books (textbooks)
• Planning, organizing and monitoring the progress of projects.
• Conducting market research, syllabi research, study, analyse and draw inferences.
• Coordinating with authors and other departments
• Negotiating agreements/contracts with the authors
• Resolving editorial queries in consultation with the authors
• Organizing reviews of manuscripts and review analysis
• Generating and updating pub schedule/reports, and meeting target pub dates
• Work closely with the sales and marketing division in the development of the sales and marketing plans for proposed projects
• Travel to institutions across the country
• Postgraduate in Management or Undergraduate in engineering or Sciences
Cengage Learning Core Business Competencies
Essential: Willing to travel outstation on short notices
Desirable: Candidates having commissioning experience in textbooks with proven records would be preferred.